• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Andy Murray

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Murray

OK, so he lost, do we all like him now?

I have to admit to not liking him at all, nothing to do with him being scottish, although the anti, english shirt wearing "joke" still gets on my nerves, however, my tuppence is "Unlucky son, your time will come"
    Federer however looked as though he has just finished taking the dog for a walk!

Maybe he had?.....
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    OK, so he lost, do we all like him now?

I have to admit to not liking him at all, nothing to do with him being scottish, although the anti, english shirt wearing "joke" still gets on my nerves, however, my tuppence is "Unlucky son, your time will come"
    Federer however looked as though he has just finished taking the dog for a walk!

Maybe he had?.....
    He is now back to being a Scot... until Wimbledon!
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Are you forgetting that this was a major final and the fed is the best player tennis has ever seen?

twonk ...

Comment

I have to admit to not liking him at all, nothing to do with him being scottish, although the anti, english shirt wearing "joke" still gets on my nerves
        Of course not. Maybe if you keep telling yourself that often enough you might start to believe it.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The problem is as soon as you say you don't like the bloke everyone always assumes it's because he's Scottish!

I dislike him because he has no charisma, little sense of humour and the majority of his play is all power and little finesse (admittedly most of the men play that way now)

There are others....
          Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

The problem is as soon as you say you don't like the bloke everyone always assumes it's because he's Scottish!

I dislike him because he has no charisma, little sense of humour and the majority of his play is all power and little finesse (admittedly most of the men play that way now)

There are others....
            What do you want? Henman with a nice accent and a nice smile to put on your wall or a winner? A loser or a class athelete? We know what the answer is... you want a English winner ... you are just a twonk. It's ok if you don't like him, but just cut to the chase and stop babbling. Scotland and Britain will have a grand slim winner, you won't ...

Comment

I dislike him because he has no charisma, little sense of humour....
              and is a bit of an *rse!

I also didn't like the: limping, rubbing his back, thigh etc between every point.

He was getting whupped by the best player in the world playing on top form.... no need for the "Oh I think I am injured" pantomime!!!

I don't like him - but he is a pretty good player - and my approval/lack won't cause him any loss of sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                Are you forgetting that this was a major final and the fed is the best player tennis has ever seen?

twonk ...
                I dont think people appreciate the enormity of what he has achieved, not only in the context of the sheer quality of mens tennis in the world but also in the context of the performance of the UK system of finding and developing tennis players. To a lesser extent the same can be applied to Henman.

Tennis in the UK is a middle class sport that is played by kids who are over indulged by parents who are often lacking something in their own lives. These kids dont really want to get to the top. The difference with Murray is the competitive environment that he was brought up in with his brothers, and the clever nurturing of his parents-who are clearly not like other parents.

I think Murray is a fantastic sportsman. If people dont like his personality they are missing the point.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I think he's still a bit of a mixed up kid (I would be too if I'd seen my classmates gunned down at the age of 7).

In the last year he seems to have got a bit more PR advice and has warmed up a bit, and consequently people generally are warming to him.

He's beaten Fed before so he just needs to play at the top of his game to beat him - something he didn't do on Sunday.

Barring injuries he's got another 5-6 years of top class tennis in him, so I think his chances of actually winning a Grand Slam and becoming one of Britain's all time sporting heroes is quite high.

Nigel Mansell was a twat, and everybody liked him a lot more once he was world champ...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                    ......Scotland and Britain will have a grand slim winner, you won't ...
                    Well actually they won't...... Murray doesn't play Grand Slams for Scotland/Britain or anyone except Murray...... and the dosh!

Its only the Olympics and the Davis Cup where any of them play "for thier Country"..........

Comment

Working...
                    X