• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Pound is dropping like a stone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pound is dropping like a stone

Almost 1% fall against the Euro today, so far. Ditto against the Dollar and Yen. Is this as a consequence of Dave saying he will keep interest rates low too?

hmm, when to buy euros for summer holiday?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      hmm, when to buy euros for summer holiday?

3 years ago.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        3 years ago.
        of course
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Quite glad I bought my Euros for this weeks trip on Saturday then

Comment

woohooo was just about to move a large amount from Euros to GBP...

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Cable now 1.5850

Dunno why I care, I don't have money in the UK or anywhere else in the world.
              That is my story and I'm sticking to it.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Almost 1% fall against the Euro today, so far. Ditto against the Dollar and Yen. Is this as a consequence of Dave saying he will keep interest rates low too?
                Could be because I'm off back out of the country and the markets are rattled on the news.

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Off to the US next week - got all my currency two weeks ago at 1.61.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

1% equals dropping like a stone? You've not got much of a grasp of gravity have you.

I hate this sort of sensationalist reporting. It's always one extreme or another, then the actually story is a let down.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X