• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

browns scorched earth policy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

browns scorched earth policy

Does he have one? You would think so reading this this morning.

going ahead with two 65,000-tonne aircraft carriers at a cost of £5 billion
    committing a future government to the Joint Strike Fighter, costing £10 billion, and completing the £20 billion Typhoon programme
    Doesn't even mention Trident.

Is he purposefully looking to screw the nations finances even more before he gets booted?
    Older and ...well, just older!!

It's all about the jobs...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      It's all about the jobs...
      what, the scottish ones?

Comment

It's just usual Brownstuff: Aircraft carriers are easy to announce and then drop sometime later.

Now, if he announced buying more helicopters and plans to improve the conditions for servicemen and their families, that'd be something one might begin to believe as plausible.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          It's just usual Brownstuff: Aircraft carriers are easy to announce and then drop sometime later.

Now, if he announced buying more helicopters and plans to improve the conditions for servicemen and their families, that'd be something one might begin to believe as plausible.
          Like that waste of 8 chinooks sat in a hanger because no ****er would certify the software so they had to downgrade them?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I was reading in the Times this morning that we still have 19,000 troops in Germany and 10,000 in Afghanistan. Are we still expecting the Ruskies to storm over the border?

Comment

Like that waste of 8 chinooks sat in a hanger because no ****er would certify the software so they had to downgrade them?
              Buy cheap pay twice (as much).
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I was reading in the Times this morning that we still have 19,000 troops in Germany and 10,000 in Afghanistan. Are we still expecting the Ruskies to storm over the border?
                I don't think the infrastructure exists in the UK to house the units from Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Are we still expecting the Ruskies to storm over the border?
                  Nope, it's a lot more convenient to have mechanised divisions in Germany where there's lots of room to play rather than having them cooped up on Salisbury Plain.

Comment

Well, that's what happens when one fails to employ experienced contractors and trust detail to a bunch of civil savants.

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X