• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A message to business analysts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A message to business analysts

Your job is not safe. If the company wants to outsource, your job is at risk too.

I have seen so many of them thinking that they are in a safe boat and believing that they could not be replaced.

That is until the next redundacy wave and then they are off the door.

First it was call center people and programmers thought they were too clever to be outsorced. Then programmers were outsourced and IT architects/consultants thought they were safe and couldn't be replaced. Now many IT architects have been made redundant but people think to move to business analysts position to be safe.

Guess what? You are not safe. You are just the next wheel. There is no ending to this process of self-destruction, if the company wants to send off-shore they will eventually do so until the whole process is shifted and destroyed locally (so happened to manufacturing, textile and other sectors).

The only way to be "safer" is to do what you are best at (and eventually start thinking at a plan B/C/D/E/etc).
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

ooooooooooooo!

We're all doomed, doomed I tell you, Bob is coming for our jobs.

Tell us summat new.

Management will offshore everything given half the chance as long as they can save money.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

One day, the corporate back handers to governments will start to dry up. Unemployment will be intractable as tax receipts plummet. Slowly, but surely it will dawn on those in power what has happened and there will be a collective muttering of ‘Oh, frak’.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Management will offshore everything given half the chance as long as they think they can save money.
        FTFY
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          FTFY
          Thanks, I forgot to phrase it like that
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
            Your job is not safe. If the company wants to outsource, your job is at risk too.

I have seen so many of them thinking that they are in a safe boat and believing that they could not be replaced.

That is until the next redundacy wave and then they are off the door.

First it was call center people and programmers thought they were too clever to be outsorced. Then programmers were outsourced and IT architects/consultants thought they were safe and couldn't be replaced. Now many IT architects have been made redundant but people think to move to business analysts position to be safe.

Guess what? You are not safe. You are just the next wheel. There is no ending to this process of self-destruction, if the company wants to send off-shore they will eventually do so until the whole process is shifted and destroyed locally (so happened to manufacturing, textile and other sectors).

The only way to be "safer" is to do what you are best at (and eventually start thinking at a plan B/C/D/E/etc).
            This is a contractors forum Francko. My job IS safe because I am employed by my company. My company may lose contracts. Jeez with all the attention Hector has been giving this forum you'd think you'd know better.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              This is a contractors forum Francko. My job IS safe because I am employed by my company. My company may lose contracts. Jeez with all the attention Hector has been giving this forum you'd think you'd know better.
              My deepest apologies.

A message to you business analysts contractors.... your contract is not safe!!!
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                My deepest apologies.

A message to you business analysts contractors.... your contract is not safe!!!
                Far better
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The only person who is safe is the man who polishes the sign saying 'xxx ltd' registered office.

Of course he will need a helper, a security guard to open the door for him, somebody to buy the polish, somebody to pay the invoice for the polish, somebody to authorise the cheque payment, somebody to sign the cheque, somebody to ensure that these people are health and safety conscious, then an accountant to keep track of the staff costs, an Hr person to employ these people, they will need a staff canteen as well, a boss to manage them all, in fact they will be looking to cut costs before long and the sign polisher will loose his job

So there really is no safe job
                  Twitter: jonsmile

Comment

Originally posted by JonSmile View Post
                    So there really is no safe job
                    Rubbish, defeatist talk of a real loser - this job is pretty safe in my book.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X