• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A lot of Wonga

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of Wonga

https://www.wonga.com/

Typical 2689% APR

Now, I'm quite tempted to get a credit agency licence and lend some of my money at that rate of return.

Seriously.

You can get a discount if you have a promo code...

Comment

Try it. Than worry about how you're going to get your money back from non-payers.

Comment

http://www.wonga.com/money/themes/wo...alculation.jpg

Nice formulae.

This reminds me - can we PLEASE get back inline images back?

Maybe only trust it to Godlike figure types...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Try it. Than worry about how you're going to get your money back from non-payers.
          Credit checks online and any bad debts are sold onto big nasty companies with thugs as customer services.

I would think the APR would cover the few bad debts that don't succumb to baseball bats.

Comment

I like their dumb-ass guide to APR ...

http://www.wonga.com/money/is-this-apr-expensive

Comment

Doesn't matter
              I think if you lend same amount to 2689 persons
              and only one of them pays back, you are in the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                Doesn't matter
                I think if you lend same amount to 2689 persons
                and only one of them pays back, you are in the money.
                So... according to their figures, you lend 2689 people £100 for 5 days, cost to you = £268,900. One pays you back £110 on time.

That seems quite a loss to me, but I bow to your financial genius

Comment

So... according to their figures, you lend 2689 people £100 for 5 days, cost to you = £268,900. One pays you back £110 on time.

You are missing one point, the mug who borrowed £100 has to pay back £268,900. I think.

Comment

I Know that didn't look right
                    its actually 26 people. So if one person pays up out of 26 you are in the money. Not bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X