• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skiing on a budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skiing on a budget

Short of driving up to Aviemore and staying in an Etap, looking for a decent priced ski holiday.

Val D’Isere is on ‘offer’ for £600, but this is still a lot of money.

Has anyone used any websites offering genuinely good deals?

There will be two of us, from Sat 27th March.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Short of driving up to Aviemore and staying in an Etap, looking for a decent priced ski holiday.

Val D’Isere is on ‘offer’ for £600, but this is still a lot of money.

Has anyone used any websites offering genuinely good deals?

There will be two of us, from Sat 27th March.
    Leave it till nearer the time and you should get a good deal.

Edit: A group of us booked a late deal to Chamonix in 2006 which cost £356. This included flights, accomodation in a chalet with breakfast, tea/cake at teatime and dinner and transfers. Was a bloody bargain made even more so by the fact it was a brand new chalet. We also got lucky with the weather and got some good snowfall late in the season.
    Last edited by Clippy; 2 February 2010, 14:53.

Comment

"Wilmslow" is a fictional permie. To him, £600 is a lot of money.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

1) Get coach from Victoria to Meribel (http://www.skimeribel.co.uk/)
        2) Stay in tulip ole apartments and self cater - Les Ravines are cheap.
        2a) or stay further down the hill, and get catered - I can recommend www.custardmountain.co.uk
        3) Get coach back.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

few of us are going to Bulgaria end of feb, the skiiing isn't brilliant if you're a black run sort of guy however the rest are good and it's got good reviews. We're paying £225 per person for accom, which includes transfer from the airport, food, drink etc. flights arr with ba so around £200 if you're going on a saturday, you've then got ski hire and lift pass of around £150

Comment

MarkOD has beaten me to it but look at Eastern Europe.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

err buy a sledge from any DIY shop, walk up your nearest hill and slide down again??

or has the snow finally melted in blighty?
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Stay at a Travelodge in Castleford and go to Xscape every day.

HTH
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  Stay at a Travelodge in Castleford and go to Xscape every day.

HTH
                  This will be my skiing holiday this year, but sub Xscape for Hemel & Travelodge for my house...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

You usually get what you pay for. I'd rather go to a good snow sure resort and be a pikey than go somewhere crap like Bulgaria.

I'd go half board (chalet catered) and take a thermos of free coffee with you on the slope. Pinch some bread and fruit at breakfast and you've got yourself lunch. This will save you 15EUR a day and give you more time on the slopes too. If you go to the pub then have some supermarket beers in your room first. It's a bit studenty, but you'll save 20EUR a day.

Don't buy expensive ski clothes. One of the best skiers I know wears sailing clothes on the piste. Motorbike kit works too. Turn your mobile off.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X