• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap Diesels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Diesels

Looking at getting either a Mondeo or Focus to use as at the moment I'm racking up an eye watering number of miles in an expensive 23mpg tory mobile.

Mondeos seem to be considerably cheaper than the focus' (focii?) when comparing similar age/spec/mileage.
    Is there something I'm not aware of or is it simply supply and demand?
    Coffee's for closers

I like Golfs at the moment.

Comment

There are hundreds of thousands of fleet Mondeos/Vectras dumped on the used market every year, helps to keep prices low for cheapskates like me who don't want to buy a new car
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        I like Golfs at the moment.
        What happened to your flash Audi R8 or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          fleet Mondeos/Vectras dumped on the used market
          And those fleet cars were probably not driven very nicely with a view to keep the car long term and not by one lady drivers either...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            And those fleet cars were probably not driven very nicely with a view to keep the car long term and not by one lady drivers either...
            Rubbish. Most fleet motors spend their lives on motorways and are better maintained than your average car.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Renault Megane 1.5dci 115 bhp model.#

Cheap as chips to run and just enough power when overtaking on Mway etc.

18k service intervals and 35 road tax and averaging 60 mpg without slowing down i.e. 85mph motorway speed.

Got it just beacuse it's cheap to run as I'm doing 35K a year.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

FFS, more bloody cheapskates.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  Rubbish. Most fleet motors spend their lives on motorways and are better maintained than your average car.
                  Quiet.

That's why they sell them at below market prices. And why not if the car only spends time on motorways and better maintained?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Is there something I'm not aware of or is it simply supply and demand?
                    Yes, you will look like a permie in a very junior position.

Upgrade to a big V8 Merc. Sod the fuel economy.

Comment

Working...
                    X