• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right Approach??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right Approach??

I have a pimp chasing me for Calypso work at an IB and he seems very keen but he has broken two rules and Im wondering have i taken the right approach. First he asked me for 2 references to which i replied:

"I will present references directly to the client at a meeting, if they are asked for".

Now he asks me for my current salary which I replied:

"I'm contracted not to disclose"

This was all done politely in context but is this the right approach even though I am a permie and want to go contracting but this guy seems to be asking all the wrong questions? Am i being too harsh even though i have just used the advice from here?

Cheers

You are being naturally cautious.

It's the right way to go...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

No, you did good. If the agent was persistent about either point then alarm bells should have rung, but it's too much to expect them not to try it on briefly.

Comment

Who's 'rules' as he broken?

Nothing wrong with either question from his perspective and you have the option to answer or not. In this case you didn't and he accepted you didn't so where is the problem.

Fuss over nothing IMHO.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Fishing for leads and establishing criteria for your replacement.

Comment

Working...
          X