• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slaying at Stonehenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slaying at Stonehenge

Do you reckon it happened? Those days were pretty bloody and cruel.

If the novel about it holds any historical basis then yes - and lots of it!
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

No. We aren't Russians you know. In the UK we have always been civilised and druids used to hang around Stonehenge drinking tea and discussing the best shops to buy woad.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

PS Does one need to have an animal avatar to contribute to this thread?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          PS Does one need to have an animal avatar to contribute to this thread?
          I guess it helps
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

People at the time must have been trying to nick chunks of blue stone to use and sell as health charms. That's probably why they moved the blue stones to an inner ring inside the big ring of stones, and also why several skeletons with small flakes of bluestone about their person were found riddled with arrowheads.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              also why several skeletons with small flakes of bluestone about their person were found riddled with arrowheads.
              Suicide?

Comment

Working...
              X