• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Curry houses near St. Pancras

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curry houses near St. Pancras

A few of us are doing a jolly this weekend to London by train (Darmstadt - Frankfurt - Köln - St. Pancras) and on the Saturday one of the, major, options is to hit a decent curry house. As we're staying near St. Pancras (Upper Woburn Place to be exact) and have an early start back on Sunday then a place in the vicinity would be nice. If the congregation have any ideas then I would be most grateful. Other eateries also accepted...

Still working out what to do Friday, some people are off to see the Mousetrap and then possibly Veeraswamy (so they might not want a curry again.) I think me and Mrs. D will just do fish 'n' chips and pub...

A international crowd it is as well, 1 American, 1 German, 2 English, 1 Scottish and 4 Irish. Should be interesting as long as we don't spend the weekend on a train in the tunnel...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    A few of us are doing a jolly this weekend to London by train (Darmstadt - Frankfurt - Köln - St. Pancras) and on the Saturday one of the, major, options is to hit a decent curry house. As we're staying near St. Pancras (Upper Woburn Place to be exact) and have an early start back on Sunday then a place in the vicinity would be nice. If the congregation have any ideas then I would be most grateful. Other eateries also accepted...

Still working out what to do Friday, some people are off to see the Mousetrap and then possibly Veeraswamy (so they might not want a curry again.) I think me and Mrs. D will just do fish 'n' chips and pub...

A international crowd it is as well, 1 American, 1 German, 2 English, 1 Scottish and 4 Irish. Should be interesting as long as we don't spend the weekend on a train in the tunnel...
    Taxi to Brick Lane?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I know a number of people who speak well of Mela, on Shaftesbury Avenue - it's the Covent Garden end rather than the Piccadilly end, so not quite so hectic. It's about twenty minutes' walk through Bloomsbury, or a couple of stops on the Tube - about three minutes from either Covent Garden or Leicester Square stations. Handy for the West End generally, Leicester Square (3 mins), Trafalgar Square (5 mins), Soho (2 mins), and all that kind of thing.

It's not your usual curry house though - it's a more authentic Indian cuisine. For traditional British dishes like vindaloo and chicken tikka masala, you'd need to look elsewhere. Handy for The Mousetrap though - it's just around the corner

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Taxi to Brick Lane?
        My choice. I remember going to a place there years ago, looked like a rundown transport cafe and you used to get a choice of mutton curry, meat curry, chicken curry and prawn curry. The hottest things I have ever eaten
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Taxi to Brick Lane?
          WHS
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            My choice. I remember going to a place there years ago, looked like a rundown transport cafe and you used to get a choice of mutton curry, meat curry, chicken curry and prawn curry. The hottest things I have ever eaten
            Pop a loo roll in the freezer and off you go. Best of luck. Do report back with your 'movements'.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

There are some truly god-awful curry houses around the Kings Cross/St Pancras area.

However there is a great little place tucked behind Warren Street tube. I think it's Whitfield Place. I know some contractors who swear by it.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Saturday night (played in band once with Terry and have met Nik a few times)

Friday night (this'll bring back some memories, Who Killed Bambi as well Sounds Of The Suburbs)

Comment

There is a great collection of South Indian curry houses on Drumond St just behind (north) of Euston Square Tube. They have been there for years and get good reviews.

Bear in mind though that they are vegetarian, though no less tasty for it!
                  Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Try Benares Michelin star, 3 stops on the Victoria line.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X