• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Berlin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berlin

Recommendations on good areas to live.

Recommendations on good managed apartments.

Recommendations on management companies.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

I stay in hotels when in Berlin but do visit here
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Are Roll's Royce after you too?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Are Roll's Royce after you too?
        'Threaded' and 'Berlin' are enough for you to guess the client and probably the type of project? Hmm, know some people that look for that skill...

Previously worked from home for them, yet they want the bodies on site for this one, only ever been shown round before.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I stay in hotels when in Berlin but do visit here
          Oddly enough the other area they were suggesting for a desk was Darmstadt. I know the area well but fancied a change; being surrounded by a bunch of German PhD students has lost its appeal.

Comment

It takes my breath away.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Recommendations on good areas to live.

Prenzlauer Berg.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

How about these:

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/reserv...e_hotels.shtml

Both in Wien and Berlin, I have used them and found not to be too bad
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  Oddly enough the other area they were suggesting for a desk was Darmstadt. I know the area well but fancied a change; being surrounded by a bunch of German PhD students has lost its appeal.
                  Things have got a bit more serious on this end. Looks like I'm going out.

Did you get a direct contract? I've managed it but it's taken some sweat. They are insisting that my UK Ltd shall charge them VAT, I've asked the accountant.

Likewise they are insisting my bum is on the seat although it could change a month in, so I'm told.

The rate is mad too,,,
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Things have got a bit more serious on this end. Looks like I'm going out.

Did you get a direct contract? I've managed it but it's taken some sweat. They are insisting that my UK Ltd shall charge them VAT, I've asked the accountant.

Likewise they are insisting my bum is on the seat although it could change a month in, so I'm told.

The rate is mad too,,,
                    Rate was crap and they insisted on my being on site so I told them I wasn't interested.

The rate got improved and I can work from home. Saga is ongoing...

Comment

Working...
                    X