• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vienna

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vienna

Recommendations on good areas to live.

Recommendations on good managed apartments.

Recommendations on management companies.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Don't stay in room 211 in the Holiday Inn at the World Trade Centre there. I did one of those embarrassing farts in it once There's some pretty good small breweries though
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I quite like secktor 3 where I have had an apartment for quite a few years now.

Would avoid around WestBannHof area and secktor 1 where all the hookers, tourists and high prices are.

Estate agents are a real rip off often asking for 3 months up front before they will do anything for you. A couple of my team use these: http://www.apartmentsambiente.com/en_index.html English speaking and helpful.

You need to register for residence and tax within 5 days of arriving here.
      Im working direct to the end client, but Ill ask around the office and see what options are possible.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
        I quite like secktor 3 where I have had an apartment for quite a few years now.

Would avoid around WestBannHof area and secktor 1 where all the hookers, tourists and high prices are.

Estate agents are a real rip off often asking for 3 months up front before they will do anything for you. A couple of my team use these: http://www.apartmentsambiente.com/en_index.html English speaking and helpful.

You need to register for residence and tax within 5 days of arriving here.
        Im working direct to the end client, but Ill ask around the office and see what options are possible.

PZZ
        Thanks for that. Looks right.

The job should be less that 3 months, so my understanding is I don't have to do all that? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

This means nothing to me.

Comment

I may have a long term oppertunity in Vienna at €400/day. Just wondering what the living costs are like, the link above for the apartments looks decent. Was considering bringing the wife and nipper across for the ride, any idea if the is much of a ex-pat comminity over there and international schools?

Would I be better to put my money through the HMRC, Austrian system or go offshore? Sorry if they seem like stupid questions, there is'nt much Austrian advice on here.

Cheers

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

Coat for sir?
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Choon!

ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Goodnight!

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    Choon!
                    The British public preferred this:

Which goes to show that the British public shouldn't be asked their opinion on anything.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X