• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back at clientco...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back at clientco...

Like I've never left.

Do you /would you go back?

Same rate as 11 months ago.

T

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Like I've never left.

Do you /would you go back?

Same rate as 11 months ago.

T
    Depends. Did you enjoy it last time? How's your warchest?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Not bad apart from other contractors on the project - they're now gone.

WarChest - 6months+

Comment

If the work's not unpleasant and you can build the warchest some more, then why not
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Would be nice to get the WarChest upto a year+ again.

I did feel very good then...

Comment

Sounds like a bit a good break to me.

I have only had one really bad 3 month contract and I would go back to it rather than get benched and worry so if money is good and working env is ok then well done you IMHO!!
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This week's lesson...

Never burn bridges.

Comment

I went back to one clientco 3 years after a previous contract and enjoyed the second stint a lot more. But generally I hate going back to old places - not necessarily the original company, but the same area as a previous gig.

I went for an interview today, for example, in a building where I'd worked previously for a different company. I had half an hour to kill before the interview, giving myself plenty of time and all that, and I had a wander round the area and remembered how mind-numbingly dull the place was. I actually thought to myself, hope I don't get this role (beware what you wish for). Just a complete desert as far as anything remotely interesting to look at on a lunchtime stroll. And that was in London. Some places I've worked don't even have an elevated motorway outside as an interesting feature.

I think I might be a bit jaded with age though, because pretty much everywhere bores me these days. But the work still keeps me interested a lot of the time, and that's the main thing.

Comment

Working...
                X