• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HR? Effin Clueless!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HR? Effin Clueless!

Originally posted by ClientCoHR
    At Clientco (UK) we spend over £15,000 annually on business stationery and equipment.
    As one of the single biggest areas of in-direct spend which impacts the majority of us as we go about our normal business activities, it is imperative that we control this cost.
    The procurement team has witnessed an increase in ClientCo stationary[sic] usage over the last three months, and therefore would ask that all staff are careful and sensible in its use.
    We remind staff that all requests for stationery should be made through your business units Administrator, ensuring that such supplies are used only to support business activities.
    Regards
    Simon
    Maybe the fact that we've just recruited 12 staff members and 30 contractors for a major multi-million pound project could have something to do with this?

FFS!

He who owns the stationery cupbord key...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Maybe the fact that we've just recruited 12 staff members and 30 contractors for a major multi-million pound project could have something to do with this?

FFS!
      Wot? You mean the B'stards are nicking all the paper!!!

Comment

FFS!
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

At Hawkers, when it was still with us, you could only ask for replacements. So I found a broken stapler in a 2nd hand shop and sent that in with my request for a stapler. :-)
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            At Hawkers, when it was still with us, you could only ask for replacements. So I found a broken stapler in a 2nd hand shop and sent that in with my request for a stapler. :-)
            How did you make sure that the request didn't get separated from the stapler?

Comment

Did you promise to only use while moving?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                Did you promise to only use while moving?
                Apparently, Simon is pissed off because his Stationery is not Stationary!

His spelling, not mine. Hence the use of [sic].

Comment

How did you make sure that the request didn't get separated from the stapler?
                  We've been here before...

I tied a brown label to the stapler with the request ID written on it.

Yes, I had to request a label from one of the secretaries who had a hoard of them, and beg a bit of string of another, cut with scissors borrowed from a third. I think they were just teasing me though.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    We've been here before...

I tied a brown label to the stapler with the request ID written on it.

Yes, I had to request a label from one of the secretaries who had a hoard of them, and beg a bit of string of another, cut with scissors borrowed from a third. I think they were just teasing me though.

Comment

Working...
                    X