• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seniority

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seniority

This for me is a summing up thead on the 'What is a superior position', 'Is a project manager a boss', 'Something on my mind about my recent step up / sideways to BA'

I have worked for the ruthless go-getters. The young rutheless go-getters. The promoted above their capability. The incompetent. The competent. The incompetent but lovely and you would bend over backwards to help them because they're so lovely.

My conclusion is this.

Wanton pursuit of superiority is an ugly thing.

At the moment I am striking a position of respect within the team because of my ability to muck in and help. I work with the stake holders, testers, developers and do my best to help them.

I do this because I can. I do this because it is needed.

This could make me too big for my boots. This scares me.

Because this scares me I am not someone who is in wanton pursuit of superiority.

Irgo, I am not an arse.

That was the validation I was looking for. And I now have it.

Thank goodness.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Glad we could help.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Maybe you're naturally superior, but are failing to reach your full potential by not wantonly pursuing it.

That's just as bad.

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'm a director of my own company and there's nobody more senior
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Maybe you're naturally superior, but are failing to reach your full potential by not wantonly pursuing it.

That's just as bad.

No, just a regular schmuck.

HTH
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Some absurdly high percentage of bosses in Denmark would be sectioned as psychopaths if they were ever dragged in to a test by the Police according to some research I read.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Irgo, I am not an arse.
              Nor a scholar of Latin obviously (ergo).

What have they been teaching these non-Public School types?
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                I'm a director of my own company and there's nobody more senior
                And being a one man band there is nobody lower either. have you changed the towel in the loo today BTW?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  And being a one man band there is nobody lower either. have you changed the towel in the loo today BTW?
                  What makes you think I'm a one man band, you must have heard the album
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    What makes you think I'm a one man band, you must have heard the album
                    Dodgy is just out for his daily exercise. Jumping to conclusions and running down the contractors

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X