• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Clearance question

Hey, I found this forum through doing some research into getting an SC for a new job and have a question im hoping someone can answer for me.

Although I have concerns about my SC because of my debt history im more concerned that on my CV I didnt included a job which I was fired from (gross misconduct). This job was about 3 years ago, after this I was in a job for 2 and half years. Now obviously I will have to declare it in the SC if I decide to go ahead however im more concerned that the potential employer will see the forms? So the question is, will my potential employer get copies of these forms to see because obviously if this is the case there is no point me going forward?

Cheers

Just fill in the SC forms and tell the truth and see what happens. It's only an investment of an hour or two of your life...

Bit if you don't fill it in, you won't get the clearance nor the gig. Guaranteed.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

You don't need to declare it if the Police weren't involved, they aren't bothered by finances either.

DV includes a financial check, SC doesn't.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        DV includes a financial check, SC doesn't.
        Erm, are you sure of that? 'Cos I am sure otherwise.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Erm, are you sure of that? 'Cos I am sure otherwise.
          I've had ** for 10 years, I was **'d for a couple of those and that was the only time I had to provide any financial details.
          Last edited by gingerjedi; 4 February 2010, 00:42.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Cretins!

HTH

spasguru
            Last edited by AtW; 4 February 2010, 00:48.

Comment

I've had SC for 10 years, I was DV'd for a couple of those and that was the only time I had to provide any financial details.
              Security Check (SC) or (SC Cleared) is required for people who have substantial access to SECRET or occasional controlled access to TOP SECRET assets. The following security vetting stages comprise a full SC clearance:

* Baseline Personnel Security Standard (Which is normally undertaken as part of the recruiting process)
              * Departmental / Company Records Check
              * Security Questionnaire
              * Criminal Record Check
              * Credit Reference Check
              * Security Service Check

On completion of the vetting process, the information collected is assessed and a decision made to refuse or approve a SC clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
                Security Check (SC) or (SC Cleared) is required for people who have substantial access to SECRET or occasional controlled access to TOP SECRET assets. The following security vetting stages comprise a full SC clearance:

* Baseline Personnel Security Standard (Which is normally undertaken as part of the recruiting process)
                * Departmental / Company Records Check
                * Security Questionnaire
                * Criminal Record Check
                * Credit Reference Check
                * Security Service Check

On completion of the vetting process, the information collected is assessed and a decision made to refuse or approve a SC clearance.
                DV has a separate financial questionnaire, you don't need to provide any info on the SC form.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Are you even allowed to say that?
                  Edit your's please... I'll put some nuts out for the squirrels.

Comment

Edit your's please... I'll put some nuts out for the squirrels.
                    Make it shelled wall nuts...

Comment

Working...
                    X