• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Englishman's home is his castle Part 2: Who said British Justice is a shambles ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Englishman's home is his castle Part 2: Who said British Justice is a shambles ?

I mean ffs its his land, its his castle !! why does the local council want to demolish it ?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100203/...c-870a197.html

Because if he gets to keep that eyesore in the middle of the Green Belt, every landowner will soon be doing the same..

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
      I mean ffs its his land, its his castle !!
      It wasn't his castle until it was approved, which is the point - anyway, castles are supposed to be exclusive to Kings, Lords and such

Comment

He dosent own the land queenie does and she can take back what's her anytime she feels like when the peasants don't obey the rules.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I thought the same. SY02 didn't.
          OK he broke the rules in building it but surely there is some other way to punish him? A hefty fine perhaps? To demolish just seems like wanton destruction and bullying.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            To demolish just seems like wanton destruction and bullying.
            That seems consistent with general principle of returning the situation to what it was meant to be, ie before castle was build.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              That seems consistent with general principle of returning the situation to what it was meant to be, ie before castle was build.
              Can't
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

He's a worthless tuliphead who thinks that he's oh so ******* clever that he can do whatever he damn well pleases, and **** everybody else because he reckons he can get away with it.

If he lived in an inner city and pulled a stunt that displayed such arrogant contempt for the law you'd all be calling him a worthless chav.

**** him. I hope it bankrupts him.

Comment

Tell us what you really mean, NF. Don't sugar coat it!

Comment

Yep - he deliberately set out to 'get round' the planning laws - wasn't a case of ignorance or misunderstanding. They shouldn't knock it down though. They should allow him to keep it, but make it into a halfway house for young offenders.

Comment

Working...
                    X