• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Death of Dab?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death of Dab?

Dear BBC, please don't let this happen
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Gosh - not all of them, I hope - Radio 7 is brilliant..
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I thought you were talking about Dortmunder beer for a second.

phew.

Comment

Although a promising technology, DAB has been a commercial failure. They should reuse the spectrum for wireless networking.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Dear norrahe, OK but please pay us the necessary costs to run this expensive 'free' service.

The BBC
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The sooner the BBC dies the better. Quality broadcasting my *rse.

Comment

I love my DAB radio. I think it's great and I don't know why people don't rate it.

Where I am in London there are loads of pirate's and it makes FM near unusable.

All I have tuned in though, in order, are Classic FM, Radio 4, and Radio 7.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Some of the stations the BBC pours money into in order to attract the perceived "youth" audience are not really working (BBC3 TV is a case in point). But I do like some of them.

DAB technology is a separate issue. Original DAB is a bit old, the technology has been abused by the BBC by putting too many stations on limited bandwidth, and DAB+ rollout has been mucked about by the BBC until it was a guaranteed mess. The publicity has been terrible. But it will come, once they and other major European broadcasters get their act together.
                Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Dear anyone, OK but please pay us the necessary costs to run this expensive 'free' service.

The BBC
                  I do - it's called a TV Licence (a real misnomer, that)...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    I do - it's called a TV Licence (a real misnomer, that)...
                    Luckily Jonathan Ross is leaving soon, so they might be able to afford to run the services
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X