• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Docs required to be put forward for a role in public sector.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Docs required to be put forward for a role in public sector.

It is for some public agency , but the agent has requests upfront tons of information: work eligibility , refs , passport pics , NI numbers , conviction statements , and a whole bunch of other questions.

I just can't be bothered to submit all this data just to be put forward for a job.

Originally posted by newblood View Post
    I just can't be bothered to submit all this data just to be put forward for a job.
    Well don't then. Someone else who can be bothered will get the job.

Comment

It's pretty standard for them to check that you aren't an illegal immigrant or wanted criminal, I think it might even be a legal requirement these days.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by newblood View Post
        It is for some public agency , but the agent has requests upfront tons of information: work eligibility , refs , passport pics , NI numbers , conviction statements , and a whole bunch of other questions.

I had all this crap to go through when working for Bt via Elan on connecting for health. I wonder if the techM bods in India who replaced us had to supply the same?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          It's pretty standard for them to check that you aren't an illegal immigrant or wanted criminal, I think it might even be a legal requirement these days.

How do they determine if you are a wanted criminal. Ask you to sign a form saying you're not or something?

Reminds me of a security clearance form I once had to fill in, where one of the questions was something like 'Are you a terrorist?'.

The problem with agencies is they seem to be too dumb to know the difference between temps and contractors.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            are
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Perfect case for identity card ...

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                How do they determine if you are a wanted criminal. Ask you to sign a form saying you're not or something?

Reminds me of a security clearance form I once had to fill in, where one of the questions was something like 'Are you a terrorist?'.

The problem with agencies is they seem to be too dumb to know the difference between temps and contractors.
                Ever filled in an I-94W to get in to the USA?
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  Ever filled in an I-94W to get in to the USA?

No I decided there's not enough there to warrant all the hassle getting through border control.

Tourism must have been affected if it's true they do iris scans, finger printing, 3rd degree questionning, anal probing, ... and that's just for residents from the countries that are supposed to be their allies!

Makes you wonder who's winning this 'war on terrorism'.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Many councils and gov agencys have started over the last few years to use 3rd party "contractor/freelancer/employee management companies" (not an agency but a company to manage agencies, yet another intermediary between us and the client taking their cut) and to justify themselves they generally start asking for all this type of crap.

Last public sector job i had they brought them in mid contract, i refused to comply with their demands and got away with it, but new contractors that did not comply did not get hired

Comment

Working...
                    X