• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract will be provided on your start date

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract will be provided on your start date

Anyone had this? I'm not actually being given the contract until I show up in the office!? Never had this before.

I've seen the contract terms and had it assessed, so its all good from an IR35 POV, but seems a bit slack that they can't even post it out to me before the start date. Seems common practice where I'm going though
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

That is a bit slack. They probably think they are avoiding the risk of having to pay you if their side of the contract falls through before the day.
    But of course you can always turn around and go back home if it's not waiting for you when you arrive.

Comment

Seems common practice where I'm going though
      That to me is the key here. Before you said that I was thinking 'oh dear, get the defenses up'. If what you say above is true and qualified then it is more a case of 'ah well, lazy gits'. Just make sure you are happy that this is all it is and not something more shady like getting you on a few days trial and then kicking you out and not bothering paying you.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        That to me is the key here. Before you said that I was thinking 'oh dear, get the defenses up'. If what you say above is true and qualified then it is more a case of 'ah well, lazy gits'. Just make sure you are happy that this is all it is and not something more shady like getting you on a few days trial and then kicking you out and not bothering paying you.
        Yeah I had been stressing about it, but seems this is the way it is. Unlikely to be the trial thing - its a blue chip.
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          I've seen the contract terms

As long as they're the full contract terms you have in effect already got the contract.

Only thing to do is check the copy they give you on the start date matches the one you have had checked.

Preferably before you actually start any work, otherwise you may be deemed to have accepted the terms (in the event of them being different) as you are working!
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            As long as they're the full contract terms you have in effect already got the contract.

Only thing to do is check the copy they give you on the start date matches the one you have had checked.

Preferably before you actually start any work, otherwise you may be deemed to have accepted the terms (in the event of them being different) as you are working!
            Thanks. Yep - plan to.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
            X