• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thursday footie quiz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday footie quiz

What is the only team in the football leagues (prem - div2) that contains none of the letters in the word MACKEREL?

Swindon Town
    If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Hibs

Comment

Swindon Town
        If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Comment

The correct answer is indeed Swindon Town. Last time I looked Hibernean were playing in Scotland and contain several letters in Mackerel.

Comment

Is it just me or does Swindon get a disproportionate amount of exposure on this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                Is it just me or does Swindon get a disproportionate amount of exposure on this forum?
                Perhaps because it is Geographically the best place to live in the country for contractors.

Comment

Which is the only stop on the london underground that doesn't contain any of the letters of the word mackerel in the name?
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    Which is the only stop on the london underground that doesn't contain any of the letters of the word mackerel in the name?
                    St John's Wood
                    Last edited by doodab; 4 February 2010, 15:42.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X