• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer

I am getting the urge for a pint. I would say 'gagging for one' but I got told off by a septic woman the other day for saying that.

I can't leave until close of business in the US.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Got any in the fridge?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      You want all business in the USA to close?

Comment

Get a delivery: http://www.beerbarrels2u.co.uk/

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          Got any in the fridge?
          Nope, very rarely have any booze in the place these days.

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
          It's more about getting out than having alcohol.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Nope, very rarely have any booze in the place these days.

It's more about getting out than having alcohol.
            http://www.rollerdisco.com/ ??

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
              Nah, it's sarf of the river.

Comment

COB US ? Won't the pubs be closed by then?

I guess you might be able to sneak in at 11pm.

What I do: go for pints now, be extra happy and cooperative with the septics until midnight!

(I've come back after just 3).

EDIT: My lot are in Central and work late anyway - the beggars are up till all hours :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  EDIT: My lot are in Central and work late anyway - the beggars are up till all hours :-(
                  My lot are West but aren't too bothered if I need a night off depending on the workload, they know I occasionally have a beer in the evenings my time and have no objections. Project work is done during the day and septic time is usually just catchup and conferencing.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    COB US ? Won't the pubs be closed by then?

I guess you might be able to sneak in at 11pm.

What I do: go for pints now, be extra happy and cooperative with the septics until midnight!

(I've come back after just 3).

While I'm in the UK I agreed to be at my desk until NYSE closes (9pm UK time). Most of the time I'm still around anyway.

I've got a bet on that the plunge protection team will not let the Dow go below 10K today. I'm in grave danger of losing this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X