• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Done A Stint At BarCap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Done A Stint At BarCap

Just got offered a contract role working as a quant developer in market risk. Pay is ok (I suspect agency is taking a huge chunk but thats a different story)

Its in Canary Wharf

Whats life like at BarCap?

I have only worked at BarCap in Poole and Knutsford.
    Poole: Very busy, people very nice.
    Knutsford: Very busy, people stressed and vary between very nice to idiots.

I suspect that it will be very busy with not enough money or time put into the project and the people will be stressed and or idiots.

Good luck though.
    Last edited by s2budd; 5 February 2010, 06:22.

Comment

Originally posted by s2budd View Post
      Nutsford: Very busy, people stressed and vary between very nice to idiots.
      I was wondering how on earth anyone could ever employ joey but that goes some way to explaining it.

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
        Its in Canary Wharf

It is or It's

Hope you're better at quant development than spelling.

Oh, and

What's
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Barcrap!? Worked for them at Knutsford.

Bastards arent backward at introducing rate cuts. Told them to **** off when they pulled that one on me and I wont consider a role with them ever again.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

It is or It's

Hope you're better at quant development than spelling.

Oh, and

What's
            Has the forum become a grammar school then? Behave. You know what he meant.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Just got offered a contract role working as a quant developer in market risk. Pay is ok (I suspect agency is taking a huge chunk but thats a different story)

Its in Canary Wharf

Whats life like at BarCap?
              Course you have joey.

Comment

I have 'issues' with them. Best I don't go into it.

What I can say is, when one of there people contacted me about subscription details to HAB Inc I told them I didn't want them as a customer. The tried the "don't you know who we are" routine and I told them, "Yeah, I know exactly who you are. Now, F... ..F and don't contact me again", and I hung up.

Petty I know, but the memory still feels good.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Barcrap!? Worked for them at Knutsford.

Bastards arent backward at introducing rate cuts. Told them to **** off when they pulled that one on me and I wont consider a role with them ever again.
                  Do they do IB in Knutsford?? I ve never heard of that place.

Or is that retail??

Comment

...Knutsford?? I ve never heard of that place.
                    It's a service station on the M6. There was a UFO sighting there once but, strangely, all records relating thereto have now disappeared from the web

There's a video of the motorway though

Comment

Working...
                    X