• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair's epitaph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blair's epitaph

Something BobTheCrate said in another thread got me thinking...
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    Sorry Blair, the only legacy you'll be remembered for is still that old chestnut ... Iraq. Maybe that'll come good for you in 2006. But for how long ?
    Iraq might be the biggest of his cock-ups and cave-ins, but in nine years has he achieved anything at all? I wonder what his epitaph will be?

Tony Blair - Big ideas, bad ideas, no idea.

Veni, vidi, nihil feci...?

I came, I saw, I did f*** all...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Epitaph:

Tony who?

Comment

Thats easy

Smarmy W.anker

Comment

William Hague, the shadow Foreign Secretary, said:

"Tony Blair's presidency has ended as it began six months ago with a lively speech to the European Parliament: the trouble is so little happened in between.

"Six months after he called for a new approach in Europe there is little sign of it.

Tony Blair's presidency will be remembered as the time Britain gave up £7bn without securing anything in return."

Comment

But isn't that NL all over? To talk big but not actually deliver anything except higher taxes
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Yep TE.

But to be fair he has delivered an impressive number of Wars, which of course means more taxes, more effort required from all thoese hard UK working folks to help kill other, no doubt lazy folks in other parts of the world.

I think history will condemn Blair as the BBB PM of Bulltulip and Bluster and Blood.

How do you sleep at night ,Mr Blair ?

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 21 December 2005, 10:53.

Comment

Even the usually over-confident Nu Lie spin machine is starting to crumble.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4548082.stm

The government must retain its "sense of purpose" and "unity" to see off the challenge of new Tory leader David Cameron, Peter Mandelson has warned.
                The European Trade Commissioner told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "We are living in interesting political times."

Some commentators suggest Mr Blair sees Mr Cameron as more of a suitable successor than Chancellor Gordon Brown. Err, yes I think I can agree with that 101%.

But Mr Mandelson said: "I can't imagine in what possible circumstances that might be the case."

Asked about reports that Mr Brown was unhappy about the European Union budget deal brokered by Mr Blair at the weekend, he said: "I think, with these difficult issues and challenges for the government, unity is what matters. That's at a premium."

He added that if the government "remains New Labour" then it "can come through".

'Point of decision'

Mr Cameron was "obviously more appealing and likeable" than his predecessors as Tory leader, Mr Mandelson added.

The former Northern Ireland Secretary added: "New Labour is obviously facing a point of decision and new political circumstances.

"Depending on how the party and government reacts to this will determine its future."

It's future, as far as I can tell, is political wilderness for at least 10 yrs.

Comment

I used to have high expectations of project managers, they had to be sh1t hot to gain any sort of approval from me at all. Now I have toned down my view and anyone that is not a complete disaster is tolerable.

The same type of thinking applies to the government, I used to expect a lot but now I think I am happy to get away with someone who is merely sh1te, like Blair rather than a complete disaster.

Blairs epitaph - "Sh1te but luckily not quite a complete disaster"
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

All the President is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway.

Harry S Truman, Letter to his sister, Nov. 14, 1947
                    33rd president of US (1884 - 1972)

Comment

Working...
                    X