• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fees for placing contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fees for placing contractors

Hello, does anyone know of any agencies that will rebate fees (or part of the fee) back to a company that supplies a contractor? The situation is where I am recommending a contractor for a specific role, the clientco wants it to be administered throught their preferred supplier, but I want the agency fee to be rebated to my company. Examples where this has been negotiated would be a great help.

Cheers SP

I hear that Computer People are very flexible
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by smallpart View Post
      Hello, does anyone know of any agencies that will rebate fees (or part of the fee) back to a company that supplies a contractor? The situation is where I am recommending a contractor for a specific role, the clientco wants it to be administered throught their preferred supplier, but I want the agency fee to be rebated to my company. Examples where this has been negotiated would be a great help.

Cheers SP
      Yes over the years I have negotiated half a dozen of these deals, totalling approx. £3,500 .

There has been a bit of delay getting the money though, I am still waiting for the first £150 for getting a guy into Royal Liver ten years ago.

It must be clogged up in the system somewhere

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I forget who, but a number of years ago I recommended someone for a contract, who got the gig.

Six months later £250 in Virgin Vouchers dropped through the door with a thank you note from the agent!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I had an agent who just refused to split his margin or give me a referral fee. He offered me £100 in store vouchers, which I told him to poke in a dark place.

I ended up supplying him two contractors through my Ltd for 2 years and made over £30K profit.

I post this as an example of doing it another way...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
            I had an agent who just refused to split his margin or give me a referral fee. He offered me £100 in store vouchers, which I told him to poke in a dark place.

I ended up supplying him two contractors through my Ltd for 2 years and made over £30K profit.

I post this as an example of doing it another way...
            That's a laugh too: you find the contractor, he enters the name in his database and faxes a contract. You get £100, he gets 20% for 6 months.

This kind of buffalo bagels is why everyone who gets out of contracting says they are glad to do so. You can take this for years (I have) because you make a decent living, but one day you trun round and look at it and think, is this any way to behave? Are these people I want to do business with?
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
            X