• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Music

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Music

Am going on a long 9hr each way journey back to the Uk to pick up some stuff, anyone have some ideas for decent car music?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

I always listen to Rammstein when I'm driving

Or how about a talking book?
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Quoth
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Highly recommend the talking book. Quite often, I dont want to get out of the car at the other end

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          Am going on a long 9hr each way journey back to the Uk to pick up some stuff, anyone have some ideas for decent car music?
          We could do with some clues about what you normally listen to.

How are we to know whether or not you will appreciate Billy Ray Cyrus's greatest hits?

Comment

+1 for talking books
            I can recommend Michael Palins Diaries, read by the man himself
            The BBC radio comedys are worth a look as well

When are you going?
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
              Are you going to give any clues about what you normally listen to?

How are we to know whether or not you will appreciate Miley Cyrus's greatest hits?
              FTFY
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

A bit of Wagner perhaps. Der Ring des Nibelungen would be suitably Germanic and should easily last you 9 hours, and possibly the 9 for the return trip as well.
                Last edited by DaveB; 5 February 2010, 09:37.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  I always listen to Rammstein when I'm driving

Or how about a talking book?
                  I find that the music I'm listening to can effect how I drive - so loud thrash music would have me driving like a complete @rse. Audio books are good and audible is a good site to get them from as you can download in a variety of formats and they have a huge range.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

Candy O
                    Panorama
                    Shake It Up
                    Heartbeat City
                    Door To Door

Comment

Working...
                    X