• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gates says Google should give their money away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gates says Google should give their money away

http://www.sfexaminer.com/articles/2..._bu01_gate.txt

Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) Chairman Bill Gates wants to spread some of the wealth from Internet advertising.

“When you use a search engine, if somebody is making lot of money from advertisers they ought to share it with you,’’ Gates said in an interview on the business news channel NDTV Profit.

In a swipe at Google Inc. (GOOG), the world’s most-used Internet search engine, Gates said Microsoft’s search products may eventually give users software programs or even cash after they click on an advertisement.

Microsoft, the world’s biggest software maker, is adding programs to its search offering, including Windows Live, which links desktop programs more closely to the Internet. Gates wants the company to bolster its 11 percent share of the global search market and to win the ad dollars that come with more users.

The Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft said it will introduce a new search engine for local businesses that displays satellite images, including building fronts. Gates said Microsoft will have the superior product soon.

“There will be in a sense of competition as we make our search engine better than theirs and we’re willing to be more generous to customers,’’ Gates said in the interview. “Things keep changing. Their model is not going to hold up.’’

Yes Bill. You can start buy giving some money back to those that buy your software licenses.....cheeky get.

Oi DP, I thought you .NOT jobbers were right up Uncle Bill's arse!

by... buy?

Comment

Good point.

Come on Billy Boy! Kill Google!

Comment

Oh dear...

"we’re willing to be more generous to customers"

Is this the beginning of the Netscape scenario, Bill Boy starts offering linked click-throughs on MSN Search for free...

You heard it here first!

Comment

Yep seems MS is setting up the playing field to try to do a netscape all over again.

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "doing a Netscape"?

I never paid much attention to Netscape, so I've no idea what bollox they used to do apart from the most bug ridden bloated browser in the history of the Internet.

Comment

v3 of Netscape was a nice version that was much better than POS IE v2 or 3.

Comment

Working...
              X