• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weird things you did as a kid...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird things you did as a kid...

Hmmm, I really liked reading and used to read my library books within days and then annoy everyone about going back and getting more, I even got so desperate for new things to read, I read labels on tins in the cupboard!

I also cut my doll's hair once expecting it to grow back...

I really am strange, but happy

Woman who lived next door when I was 17 - she was verrry f**kin weird! Was it you?

Comment

I used to spend all day writing computer programs.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

This. With more enthusiasm than success.

Comment

I cut a finger off with a circular saw
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I used to get my dads Daily Mirror newspaper, and cut out and keep all the Perishers cartoon strips, plus any bits on UFO's.

One day my uncle said 'here's the lad who believes in UFO's' I said no i dont believe in them but I AM interested. He couldnt get his head around that

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I cut a finger off with a circular saw

Your finger ...?

Comment

We used to play at being the Fire Brigrade.....

One kid would set fire to a pile of leaves and then run round the corner to the rest of the shouting FIRE FIRE. The gang would then run round making Fire engine noises and put the fire out.

However my little brother set fire to some leaves a little too near Mr Blackburns garage. Even the best efforts of the gang couldn't put it out so we ran off. We were then treated to the sight of a real Fire engine....

I'll never forget the feeling of total fear as my Dad came into the room and asked me and my brother if we knew who had burnt down Mr Blackburns garage. My Mum saved us by insisting it was probably that council estate lot !!

Confession ... good for the soul .
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Nice bit of inadvertant sig interaction there.
                  Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  Confession ... good for the soul .

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    I used to spend all day writing computer programs.

Comment

Working...
                    X