• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phew, off the bench despite agents best efforts !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew, off the bench despite agents best efforts !

Looks like I am back in a contract after 2 months bench time. Big rate cut from last one but it keeps the meter running and it's close to home. This is despite the agent sending me the wrong job spec which left me pitching for a different type of job for most of the interview and wondering why they kept concentrating on different elements of my experience ! Could have messed up my winning streak (now stands at 6 job offers from 6 interviews) with that behaviour.
    I have worked there before and a couple of the people I worked with vouched for me which I think made a huge difference. It's a tough market and you sometimes need a bit of luck to turn things your way !
    Good luck to all looking, I was out for 5 months last winter with barely a sniff of interest but it is defo better than that at the moment.

Congrats!

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
      Big rate cut from last one but it keeps the meter running and it's close to home.
      Smart move.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
          6 job offers from 6 interviews
          Either you're very very good, or you're not charging enough!

well done Luke. To be sent for the wrong job and still get it - a hearty Black Sabbath salute for you sir!

Comment

Well done

The agent will NOT make any mistake in ensuring that his cut is correct

Comment

Top result........

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                Either you're very very good, or you're not charging enough!
                He had 6 "interviews" with Lord Vader

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  He had 6 "interviews" with Lord Vader
                  "I find your lack of Silverlight 3 disturbing"

Comment

Good for you!!

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X