• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC in cover up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC in cover up

I've mentioned this several times already, but does anyone else feel the BBC are trying to hush up today's events?
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

No - I'm watching it just now, looks like they're reporting as they get it - what are they covering up?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Not really

The BBC report what they are told to a certain extent. One inital explosion and the reason being given being reported does not make a cover up.

Radio 5 live now reporting it as 6 explosions. Just takes time to catch up.
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
        I've mentioned this several times already, but does anyone else feel the BBC are trying to hush up today's events?
        I think it just the unreliablity of information in the immediate aftermath of such an event.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
          No - I'm watching it just now, looks like they're reporting as they get it - what are they covering up?
          Because they seemed slower on reporting than other sites. BBC still claimed there were only 'walking wounded' and it was caused by a power surge on the tube when other news agencies were talking about buses exploding and people being killed.

Looks like the BBC is working with the police to hush it up and prevent any panic.

I notice British news agencies aren't showing pictures, but they are available on CNN.

Comment

Because they seemed slower on reporting than other sites. BBC still claimed there were only 'walking wounded' and it was caused by a power surge on the tube when other news agencies were talking about buses exploding and people being killed.

Looks like the BBC is working with the police to hush it up and prevent any panic.

I notice British news agencies aren't showing pictures, but they are available on CNN.
            Everyone loves a conspiracy, eh WS?

Comment

Dunno about websites - but I've got 5 streaming newscasts at my desk (BBC, SKY, ITV, Bloomberg, CNN) and they're all much of a muchness.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram Abiff
                Everyone loves a conspiracy, eh WS?
                No great conspiracy, Spod; just interested to see the BBC's reaction to a major incident.

Comment

Nope. Had News 24 on since I heard (which is hilarious since I was blissfully unaware that there was an explosion at one of my local tube stations until panicked family called to see if we were OK).

The first person I heard mention terrorism (the government are having a laugh if they think we'ed believe that Power surge cr*p) was on News 24. Senior Copper.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
                    Nope. Had News 24 on since I heard (which is hilarious since I was blissfully unaware that there was an explosion at one of my local tube stations until panicked family called to see if we were OK).

The first person I heard mention terrorism (the government are having a laugh if they think we'ed believe that Power surge cr*p) was on News 24. Senior Copper.
                    It's quite ironic, only this morning, Sir Iain Blair was quoted regarding the Olympics in London as saying that "The Met was the envy of the world when it came to counter-terrorism"

Spod - In "Bet he's eating his words now" mode!

Comment

Working...
                    X