• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is 2010 going to get ugly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 2010 going to get ugly?

It can't be long now.
    Yes, but not as ugly as 2011
    70.00%
    No, the recession is over
    20.00%
    I should have eloped with AndyW
    10.00%

Do you mean:
    • fighting in the streets
    • we can't get contracts
    • your personal appearance is deteriorating

type ugly?

please elaborate
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Have a look at the jobstats graphs, they all appear to be dropping off into oblivion.

From where I'm sat it looks pretty ugly already, the contract market seems to be an exaggerated and early indicator to the rest of the economy. It's often been said that IT is the first to go and the first to come back but I see no sign of a comeback anytime soon.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Have a look at the jobstats graphs, they all appear to be dropping off into oblivion.

From where I'm sat it looks pretty ugly already, the contract market seems to be an exaggerated and early indicator to the rest of the economy. It's often been said that IT is the first to go and the first to come back but I see no sign of a comeback anytime soon.
        Are those average salaries right? 49K for a developer?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Are those average salaries right? 49K for a developer?
          WTF. Clicking on 'Developer' shows average salary for a C++ developer to be £84K, and London 110K ! And SQL 136K.

Comment

Not sure I agree with that - I know several long term benched contractors (longest +1 year benched) now back in a contract since the New Year & this board has reported similar for some of its members - so may be a bit of a positive indicator.
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              WTF. Clicking on 'Developer' shows average salary for a C++ developer to be £84K, and London 110K ! And SQL 136K.

Whoever designed that statistics calculator is obviously a cretin.

I feel like SasGuru after saying that. Suddently got a craving to go suck a lemon.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

should we have a simple are you in a contract poll ? This would be useful...

Comment

But, but, there are 2,324 in Epping alone!
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I don't think jobstats is being updated properly at the moment.
                    Can 'jobstats man' pull his finger out and update the figures please?

old.jobstats.co.uk always seems more reliable, but neither are up to date.

Comment

Working...
                    X