• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

a locker in London? monthly storage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a locker in London? monthly storage

Hi, does anybody know of a simple commercial storage facility in greater London or the counties to the west? I don't have much, just a couple of suitcases worth of stuff, and would like to stow them for a few pounds a month.
    Der going over der to get der der's.

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
    Hi, does anybody know of a simple commercial storage facility in greater London or the counties to the west? I don't have much, just a couple of suitcases worth of stuff, and would like to stow them for a few pounds a month.
    Plenty of self storage places in London, and all of them will be very cheap... for the first couple of months

Self storage places all work on the premise that once you've stashed your stuff you won't be arsed to move it. Ever. And they're usually right. People often spend many multiples of the value of their crap^H^H^H^Hstuff on storage, which is OK for sentimental heirlooms, but if it's from Ikea then you'll almost certainly be better off dumping it and buying it again.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      Plenty of self storage places in London, and all of them will be very cheap... for the first couple of months

Self storage places all work on the premise that once you've stashed your stuff you won't be arsed to move it. Ever. And they're usually right. People often spend many multiples of the value of their crap^H^H^H^Hstuff on storage, which is OK for sentimental heirlooms, but if it's from Ikea then you'll almost certainly be better off dumping it and buying it again.
      Found this out much to my cost, once aboad they write and say about the increase of rent. If it's papers you are keeping; ask a friend to store them for you.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If it's a body, Greggs offer a good price.
        I've been eating immigrant student pasties for the last year I reckon

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I hear there is a hero deal on hurt lockers in Baghdad just now...

IGMC.

Comment

I've driven by one of these on the A40, near Carphone Warehouse HQ by Park Royal, Acton.

Without knowing exactly where you are based it's difficult to suggest something useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              I've driven by one of these on the A40, near Carphone Warehouse HQ by Park Royal, Acton.

Without knowing exactly where you are based it's difficult to suggest something useful.
              I've used Shurgard before but I think their starting offer would be too high for just a couple of suitcases.

I was thinking of ABC Selfstore, but they are probably just going to raise the price like people say.

So still no good ideas.

Anywhere at all in the Home Counties... got to be some place....
              Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

won't a few suitcases just fit under the bed, or a mates bed, families bed, under clientco's desk, boot of your car...

Comment

this fellow might be able to help

Ask Davy

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    this fellow might be able to help

Ask Davy

Nice. LOL
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X