• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3rd Party contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd Party contracts

I was wondering if anyone has ever come across a 3rd party contract before.

I needed an example of one for my company that i'm starting up but i'm new to all of this so just needed an example. I've basically created a small consultancy and want to provide freelancers to agencies taking a small fee however i need to create a contract for this?

Creating a contract between myself and the freelancer is not a problem as I have lots of examples of these as I am a contractor myself.

Any tips for consultancy to agency contract? Just need an example.

Kind regards,

JT

How does this work? You are going to take a cut of the rate offered by the agent for supplying him with a contractor? Bearing in mind rates are so bad and agents are getting 300+ CV's in the first hour how will this work?

Wether you need a contract for it depends on if there is an expectacy between you and the agency going forward. If it is just a finders fee then know but if they are going pay you a percentage over time then of course you will.

Can't realistically see how this is going to work??
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT_Contractor View Post
      Any tips for consultancy to agency contract?
      See a Lawyer. Seriously.

A DIY approach to contracts is never going to be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        How does this work? You are going to take a cut of the rate offered by the agent for supplying him with a contractor? Bearing in mind rates are so bad and agents are getting 300+ CV's in the first hour how will this work?

Wether you need a contract for it depends on if there is an expectacy between you and the agency going forward. If it is just a finders fee then know but if they are going pay you a percentage over time then of course you will.

Can't realistically see how this is going to work??
        Your first thought is correct. Having good relationships with agents and their managers at a few agencies allows me to be trusted by them. Therefore anyone I provide will probably be given a push up the queue (of those 300 cv's you mentioned) I'd also probably get a call before the job is posted at job sites.

I'd only take a very small cut with the hope being that I place a lot
        of candidates. The reason why I wish to start doing this with agencies is because they have good cash flow and I cannot start on
        my own without having a massive bank
        account.

With contracts being hard to get out there maybe this could be useful for those within my network and their own respective
        networks. Who knows if it will work but it's an idea and you have to start somewhere and can't just have contracting as an income.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for replying anyway, I could ask the agencies i've got good relations with however this might look
        like I'm asking for too much. There are lots of example
        contracts on line at clickdocs.com but none resembling the agency
        to consultancy scenario, hence my question.

Thanks again and I may have to get one written
        professionally rather than take an example but as they say if you don't
        ask, you don't get!

Comment

Working...
        X