• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car insurance quote goes up big time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car insurance quote goes up big time

Just was checking my current car insurance company and even though my NCB gone up from 2 to 3 years, they quotes me £1,000 - a lot more than current's years £600 - wtf? The are broker, so the only explanation I have is that they switched to a rip off insurance company - they claim that insurance rates gone up, but surely not by 50%?

They know that this time next year, you will be a millionaire.

Shop around. I've never found sticking to the same insurer pays off. They always hike the premium.

Comment

By 50%? I was 2 years with them and 2nd year was cheaper - but now they quoted me ridiculous amount, I mean FFS its almost as much as I paid when I had no NCB and no driving experience with car being worth much more, FFS.

Comment

Just renewed mine a good 10% cheaper than last year on a Group 17 car. Maybe you drive some nasty little chav-mobile? Those rates have gone up apparently.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

My last insurers decided to move out of insuring company vans so had to get different for my new van. Panic, I have only had a few low speed car park types scrapes in 40 years of driving but just sod's law two of them in last three years so found it hard to get insurance at all. £600. Thought that was damn expensive.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Got it for £548 -- about 100 cheaper than last year, more reasonable than hike from £640 to £890. @&@&&&ers!

Comment

Surprised people with no arms can get insurance at all.
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

what do you all drive then?

Comment

Who?

I drive a van. Real men drive vans. Women and poofs drive cars, Trannies drive estates. AtW drives a specially adapted invalid carriage for the limbless.
                  bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
                    what do you all drive then?

Comment

Working...
                    X