• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good thing or Bad thing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thing or Bad thing?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8500712.stm

Asking for trouble if you ask me. Can just see some little racist ned dragged in front of the Beak for using one on some puny little Sikh and claiming he had "been threatened first and was only protecting himself"!

What do the Panel think?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8500712.stm

Asking for trouble if you ask me. Can just see some little racist ned dragged in front of the Beak for using one on some puny little Sikh and claiming he had "been threatened first and was only protecting himself"!

What do the Panel think?
    I suppose little amy in class 'Hedgehog' could take her litte cross off and poke your eye out with it, or strangle you with her rosary beads. Or Hadiyah from 'Tortoise' could take her naquib off and smother you with it. A blunt ceremonial knife is just a religious symbol
    either leave well alone or ban one, ban them all

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Remove religious symbolism from all schools.

Comment

There have been devout Sikh's living in this country for decades and it hasn't been an issue yet. Sounds like a load of fuss over nothing to me.

Comment

The deeper issue is if religious law is higher than the law of the land, last week is was for the Catholics so the sikhs are having a go this week, the blade is not really the issue, the non euopean relgions are all lining up now to see how they stack up in importance to the Catholic religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Remove religious symbolism from all schools.
            Catholic schools as well? In a Church if England state?
            Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
              Maybe we should disassociate the church from the government too.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
                Which part of "Remove religious symbolism from all schools." didn't you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  Maybe we should disassociate the church from the government too.
                  Which country are you talking about?

Comment

I am open to discussion on both sides of this in the name of equality and all that marlarky but the following comment horrifies me...

"The fact that I'm a Sikh matters more to me than anything else," he said.
                    Surely this is so fundamentally wrong when he is supposed to be a Judge? Should UK law not matter most? By his own admission his rules will be biased towards his religion therefor not fit to sit in the position he holds?

Don't normally wade in to discussion on race and equality but this has really irked me.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X