• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I withdraw contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I withdraw contract?

Hi guys,

I need help. I have signed contract last Friday with recruitment agency to work as C# Developer for one of the banks (bank 1). And today I got offer from another bank(bank 2). I am due to start my contract with bank 1 in one month.

Can I withdraw contract with bank 1 just because I am not happy with rate and bank 2 pays 50% more?

Is there any penalties apart from bad reputation with agency?

Any help appreciated.

Just for a laugh, I'd read your contract and see what it says in it about termination.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

in short it's Cowboy Contractors like you who jump ship for a better rate ignoring anything that your contract says that give us a bad name .. if it's signed, your bound by it and so should honour it.

How would you like it if the agency signed you then called you up the day before and cancelled it because they found someone they could get a higher profit margin from?? nope thought not and you'd be on here bitching and moaning about your rights..

'kof and get the job done as your paid to do then go work for the bank if the job is still available

that was the 3rd edit and the "polite" version, if you want the more personal ranting version send me a PM and I'll be happy to oblige..

Last edited by chef; 8 February 2010, 13:19.
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        in short it's Cowboy Contractors like you who jump ship for a better rate ignoring anything that your contract says that give us a bad name 'kof and get the job done as your paid to do then go work for the bank if the job is still available..
        WHS

Comment

gemasp, don't listen to those jealous clowns. You're in this contracting lark for yourself and to make money. Hand in your notice on the first contract immediately and follow the money. You owe it to your company shareholders.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            Just for a laugh, I'd read your contract and see what it says in it about termination.

Comment

you could agree to the better contract at bank2 and just not turn up to bank 1. seriously, you could do that.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                gemasp, don't listen to those jealous clowns. You're in this contracting lark for yourself and to make money. Hand in your notice on the first contract immediately and follow the money. You owe it to your company shareholders.
                You mercenary.

Comment

<nods> no, really, you could. if you don't turn up they can't touch you.

well, they could touch you. but they probably won't.

Comment

is the second contract is through the same agency as the first?

Comment

Working...
                    X