• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

plumbers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plumbers

do any of them ever turn up on time? Within 1 hour of on time? Even within 2 hours would be good timekeeping compared to that lot!
    Disgraceful profession.... that's what a lack of competition does for you! More Polish plumbers, that's what we need
    Chico, what time is it?

The last time I had a plumber round he only worked 2 days a week.

Said he'd rather spend more time with his family, and 2 days was enough to earn £50K a year, so why bother working any harder.

At the time I thought £800 to change a tap washer was bit steep.

Comment

Often it isn't worth doing things yourself because your earning power is more than the cost of getting someone else to do it, for example cleaning the windows.

Plumbing though is a different matter, they're up with the likes of top management consultants, fashion designers etc.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I've got to agree Blaster. As someone who once flooded their kitchen on a freezing winter's night with the stop-cock seized open, I think PLUMBERS ARE GODS.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
          Often it isn't worth doing things yourself because your earning power is more than the cost of getting someone else to do it, for example cleaning the windows.

Plumbing though is a different matter, they're up with the likes of top management consultants, fashion designers etc.
          It's probably harder than cosing SQL, and carries more responsibility. Not that the market is merit-based, but if it were then plumbers would make more than code monkeys.

Comment

It's probably harder than cosing SQL, and carries more responsibility.
            Not if you type DELETE FROM accounts instead of SELECT * FROM accounts at a big bank it's not.

Comment

Plenty of cheap Polish plumbers in London working for cash now ...
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                Not if you type DELETE FROM accounts instead of SELECT * FROM accounts at a big bank it's not.

Last time I messed up a joint on the cold water main, I couldn't find the ROLLBACK in my toolbox, or the latest backup water system lying about the house

Comment

Working...
                X