• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for Paddy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for Paddy

Metropolitan Police Commander Ali Dizaei has been sentenced to four years for assaulting and falsely arresting a man in a dispute over £600.

Southwark Crown Court was told Waad Al-Baghdadi was arrested by Dizaei in a row over work on the officer's website.

Dizaei was convicted of both misconduct in a public office and perverting the course of justice

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8504308.stm

-------

My Gosh, the UK police is sooooooo corrupt, they'd get into dispute over £600.

Russian police is so much better - they'd never go as low as pathetic £600.

Oh boy!! Is he going to have a lot of soaps slid along the floor towards him! I hope he has volunteered for isolation!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can we have our compensation money back? You remember the cash the taxpayer hosed him down with after he was accused of being thoroughly unpleasant.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/fe...-scotland-yard
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I personally think that Dizaei is a right <word removed by poster />

I lived in Henley-on-Thames when he "took charge" of policing there; he drafted in more and more police on a Friday/Saturday night until there was a near riot (seriously, 40-50 police in a quiet town that normally has 2-3), then claimed that he had cured the underlying violence .... in this small, well-to-do, market town which never had any problems before, and hasn't had any since.

Winker of the first water, I am very pleased that he has got his just reward

R

Comment

Originally posted by Halcyon View Post
          I personally think that Dizaei is a right <word removed by poster />

I lived in Henley-on-Thames when he "took charge" of policing there; he drafted in more and more police on a Friday/Saturday night until there was a near riot (seriously, 40-50 police in a quiet town that normally has 2-3), then claimed that he had cured the underlying violence .... in this small, well-to-do, market town which never had any problems before, and hasn't had any since.

Winker of the first water, I am very pleased that he has got his just reward

R
          That's a classic technique for career progression once one gets to a certain level in any field dominated by "performance targets":
          1. Gain control over a place/department/division/establishment where there aren't any problems to speak of;
          2. Foment discord by whatever means are at your disposal - if they involve you being seen to take a "strong line" then so much the better;
          3. Tell your superiors that things have reached boiling point (being careful to exaggerate the level of threat by use of highly selective "facts and figures") and that you may need to call on reinforcements at any time;
          4. Command your existing resources to act in such a manner as to provoke the catastrophe you prognosticated;
          5. Bring in the reinforcements, to "resolve" the situation by whatever means necessary;
          6. ?
            (AKA ensure that all the crap you've caused is interpreted as "exceeding your Key Performance Indicators" - that's the factor the underpants gnomes were missing);
          7. PROFIT!!!

I hope he enjoys his time inside; it's a shame it wasn't longer.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            That's a classic technique for career progression once one gets to a certain level in any field dominated by "performance targets":
            1. Gain control over a place/department/division/establishment where there aren't any problems to speak of;
            2. Foment discord by whatever means are at your disposal - if they involve you being seen to take a "strong line" then so much the better;
            3. Tell your superiors that things have reached boiling point (being careful to exaggerate the level of threat by use of highly selective "facts and figures") and that you may need to call on reinforcements at any time;
            4. Command your existing resources to act in such a manner as to provoke the catastrophe you prognosticated;
            5. Bring in the reinforcements, to "resolve" the situation by whatever means necessary;
            6. ?
              (AKA ensure that all the crap you've caused is interpreted as "exceeding your Key Performance Indicators" - that's the factor the underpants gnomes were missing);
            7. PROFIT!!!

I hope he enjoys his time inside; it's a shame it wasn't longer.
            Well put Mr Fitz
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
            X