• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Money makes you miserable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money makes you miserable

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...miserable.html

Austrian millionaire Karl Rabeder is giving away every penny of his £3 million fortune after realising his riches were making him unhappy.

We're lucky Gordon is here to make us all happy.

nice house

Milan.

Comment

Makes you think though.

What he said about living your real life.
      Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

He can readily swap places with me if he likes, 2 bedroom terrace house and a 9-7 job.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Have to wonder on how many other people an Hawaiian holiday has had that effect on? I felt a bit of it too. I went to do some mountain biking, and the trails were all quite 'antiseptic' so they left me feeling empty.

Gliding clubs, tick that also. The one in Doncaster used to be absolutely great, but then there was a change as the old boys who'd been war time pilots died off, they shut the local RAF training centre, so the 'real' pilots disappeared, and what remained was over-represented with gel haired freaks.

I think he should try and get some interaction outside his normal group, they sound 'caustic'.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            Have to wonder on how many other people an Hawaiian holiday has had that effect on? I felt a bit of it too. I went to do some mountain biking, and the trails were all quite 'antiseptic' so they left me feeling empty.

Gliding clubs, tick that also. The one in Doncaster used to be absolutely great, but then there was a change as the old boys who'd been war time pilots died off, they shut the local RAF training centre, so the 'real' pilots disappeared, and what remained was over-represented with gel haired freaks.

I think he should try and get some interaction outside his normal group, they sound 'caustic'.
            I think you're right about the people. I have heard that you can tell what kind of person you are and what kind of life you have by looking at the six people you spend most time with.

Oh flip, am I really on CUK?
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
              I think you're right about the people. I have heard that you can tell what kind of person you are and what kind of life you have by looking at the six people you spend most time with.

Oh flip, am I really on CUK?
              yep.
              and dont worry too much about the people you left behind in the past. They are usually not a part of your present or future for a good reason

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

EO,

thank you for that advice.

Milan.

Comment

another one on those lines,

my cousins grandfather gave a nice piece of advice to us all from a young age,

he said.....

never try to change the past

never waste any time trying to think about changing the past and what ifs etc

Milan.

Comment

I wonder what he'll do in order to survive on a day to day basis. What will be retire on? And whether he has any kids - i.e. how will he bring them up with a decent education? If he has children they'll probably disown him when they're old enough to realise the hard life he's put them through!

I think it's all a sham. He's probably lost it all gambling and/or owes massive debts.

Comment

Working...
                    X