• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Watch out when you yell 'Paddy'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch out when you yell 'Paddy'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...cist-joke.html

I cannot help think that this probably isn't good use of tax payer's cash. But a huge cash compensation is justified when you call someone 'Paddy'. How rude and offensive ! He is scarred for life.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Never met an Irish person yet who was offended by Irish jokes, nor a Scot who could not see the funny side of Scottish jibes.
    I blame his Union background.........bunch of hypersensitive anachronistic dinosaurs!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

"Where there's blame, there's a claim."

Kerching!!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

context:
        Speaking previously about the case, Mr Kelly said: "I couldn't believe my ears - we were in the midst of a racial discrimination hearing.

"If there's ever a more inappropriate time to start telling racist jokes that would have been it.

"This man was directly responsible for deciding whether the employee in question had a racial discrimination claim and he was telling racist jokes himself.
        Is minic a bhris beál duine a shrón, as they say.
        Last edited by thunderlizard; 9 February 2010, 11:50.

Comment

I just showed this story to one of my Irish colleagues, a GAA man from Cork. He said the joke's good enough to be dreamt up by an Irishman and said that guy Mr Kelly's a 'plastic paddy'.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Could've been worse, he could've shouted "Ginger"!!!

Comment

I’m sure the joke was dreamt up by an Irishman as the sentence structure of ‘now what would I be wanting with…’ is Irish; an Englishman would say ‘why would I want…’.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I’m sure the joke was dreamt up by an Irishman as the sentence structure of ‘now what would I be wanting with…’ is Irish; an Englishman would say ‘why would I want…’.
                Thats the trouble with us lot... too many words to choose from, so we use as many as possible.

Eg - It's 12.15
                Ta se cuigear noimead tar eis a haon deag a clog.

Christ almighty, it's half past by the time, you have that mouthfull out
                Last edited by cailin maith; 9 February 2010, 12:22. Reason: Had to check spelling.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Thats the trouble with us lot... too many words to choose from, so we use as many as possible.

Eg - It's 12.15
                  Ta se cuigear noimead tar eis a haon deag a clog.

Christ almighty, it's half past by the time, you have that mouthfull out
                  You're not exactly parsimonious with vowels either.

Comment

Ta se cuigear noimead tar eis a haon deag a clog

Last edited by cailin maith : Today at 13:22. Reason: Had to check spelling.

Comment

Working...
                    X