• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CVs From India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CVs From India

I am getting CVs through from Indian IT people who are working for well known Indian offshore/onshore companies asking us to find them 6 month contracts in the UK. These people should clearly be returning to India and not competing for contract positions in the UK. I am told that I have to pay (not mentioning any names -Tech Mahindra) their UK employer.
    Now tech mahindra work for BT abnd I want to make an issue of this-anyone know who I should be "sneaking to"
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I am getting CVs through from Indian IT people who are working for well known Indian offshore/onshore companies asking us to find them 6 month contracts in the UK. These people should clearly be returning to India and not competing for contract positions in the UK. I am told that I have to pay (not mentioning any names -Tech Mahindra) their UK employer.
    Now tech mahindra work for BT abnd I want to make an issue of this-anyone know who I should be "sneaking to"
    1 Us. Thankyou.
    2 Daily Mail
    3 Daily Telegraph
    4 Erm, immigration?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      1 Us. Thankyou.
      2 Daily Mail
      3 Daily Telegraph
      4 Erm, immigration?
      At least 3 of those should be on DA's internet favourites list

Comment

I want to make an issue of this-anyone know who I should be "sneaking to"
        I understand the BNP are the only party actively bothered enough to have it in their manifesto...might be worth giving them a call
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

On what basis? Legal/imigration basis or just complete inability to communicate in English or add any value to clients except for the fact they are uber cheap?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            On what basis? Legal/imigration basis or just complete inability to communicate in English or add any value to clients except for the fact they are uber cheap?
            All of the above

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure that's a breach of their visa conditions.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The PCG, Malvolio will be able to give you the details.

PCG hosts workshop on the impact of Intra Company Transfer Abuse on the contractor marketplace

Log it here: ICT Abuse
              Last edited by cojak; 9 February 2010, 10:32.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Bob's your uncle

Have I broken the unwritten rule of only giving the poster a useless answer to his question?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

on assignments I always make a point of showing Bob Jobserve and encouraging him to leave and get a permy role or contract on the back of his visa situation him already being in Europe

it helps us cos if Bob leaves the team then they'll have to keep us longer

simples innit

Milan.

Comment

The native cray fish is given more protection from foreign invaders than IT contractors.

Comment

Working...
                    X