• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is there a page one link for each thread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is there a page one link for each thread?

As soon as a thread reaches > 1 page there is a (1,2,....n) link after each thread title. Why?

The thread title links to page one anyway. Functionally redundant.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

When a dialog box pops up with "OK and "Cancel" options, I can use the Enter key to OK it and the Esc key to cancel it. So why have the buttons? Functionally redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      When a dialog box pops up with "OK and "Cancel" options, I can use the Enter key to OK it and the Esc key to cancel it. So why have the buttons? Functionally redundant.
      You are such a geek Nick

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        You are such a geek Nick
        Yes, but anyway, about me.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

who cares?
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

'cause it would look stoopid if they started with a 2

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              'cause it would look stoopid if they started with a 2
              Shouldn't the initial page, be page zero, and then the 1st extra page, be page 1?

It is an IT contractor site after all is said and done.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                thats easy.
                Developers used to make special allowances for keyboard or mouse users. Its a vestigal tail from those days
                they never anticipated that the average user would become so computer savvy

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                X