• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Andy W

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy W

Now I'm too noob here to actually know who Andy W is/was, but I gather from the compulsory inclusion in polls that he/she was a bit of a legend.

Just saw this from "Andy W" in the "general" section of a sailing/boating forum that I go on

As a Director of a taxi firm, I have been asked to draw up a list of possible contingencies which would affect the ability of the company to continue trading so that the Board can discuss suitable actions and preplanning according to the possibility and cost of each circumstance.

The company runs a fleet of taxis controlled by a computer booking system linked to data heads in each vehicle. Each vehicle also has a two way radio.

To give an idea, I have so far come up with the following list of possible events:

Interrupted power supply
    Fire
    Flood
    Computer malfunction
    Evacuation of office due to external event
    Direct attack on office
    Sabotage
    Jamming of radio
    Failure of local mobile cell
    Non nuclear emp
    Global Thermonuclear war

You can see that some are more likely than others!

If the esteemed members of this forum can suggest any other contingencies that should be
    considered, I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Andy
    Same Dude?

Originally posted by Halcyon View Post
    Now I'm too noob here to actually know who Andy W is/was, but I gather from the compulsory inclusion in polls that he/she was a bit of a legend.

Good lad...

Just saw this from "Andy W" in the "general" section of a sailing/boating forum that I go on

Same Dude?
    Just ask yourself - is that a post from a living legend.... if no then it ain't andyW, one of a handful of real CUK legends...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Just ask yourself - is that a post from a living legend.... if no then it ain't andyW, one of a handful of real CUK legends...
      ... could be warming up... only a 50 poster on there.

it caught my attention because whilst boaties often worry about fire or flood, they rarely worry about Sabotage (on a taxi rank) or Global thermo nuclear war. Anchors is more normal, or what sort of flag to fly

Comment

they rarely worry about Sabotage (on a taxi rank) or Global thermo nuclear war.
        They would within 30 days of joining CUK - guarantee or their money back!

Comment

The answer to the question "who is/was AndyW?" can be found here

an example of his "work" can be found here

and the demise of him can be found here

HTH
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
          X