• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why bob shawadiwadi?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why bob shawadiwadi?

Good morning esteemed colleagues,

I wonder if one of you could explain to me the bob shawadiwadi reference. I understand what a bob is, but where did the name come from?

Why shawadiwadi?

There is a reason for asking this by the way.

Much Quickness - Plenty Cheapness
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

way back in 2007 (wow, time flies) a troll appeared and tried to spam us with his services and I believe Buffoon is responsible for the coining of the term Bob Shawadiwadi.

Since then it seems "Bob" has branched out and created his own blog (see Xen's link above) and has become a bit of a hit when it comes down to Uk IT jobs being outsourced to our friends on the Indian continent who let's say have a "reputation" for being text book trained but not that great in the real world and always offering to undercut established going rates.
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I've seen the youtube vids, and his much blogginess. Although I hadn't seen that new one, and to the creator, you are a ******* genious, do you want to do some promotional work for me?

What i'm after is, who chose his name and why?

Is it just a case of a funny sounding name, like Ramanjanadingdong, or is there a link to something else?

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          way back in 2007 (wow, time flies) a troll appeared and tried to spam us with his services and I believe Buffoon is responsible for the coining of the term Bob Shawadiwadi.

Since then it seems "Bob" has branched out and created his own blog (see Xen's link above) and has become a bit of a hit when it comes down to Uk IT jobs being outsourced to our friends on the Indian continent who let's say have a "reputation" for being text book trained but not that great in the real world and always offering to undercut established going rates.
          Thanks chef.

I was sort of hoping the reference would be wider.

Comment

It's an "in " joke amongst us natives - & for clarity native means those who were born here rather than came on a plane/stowed away in a lorry / did a dodgy visa thing.

If you don't know -then you aint one of us

HTH
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
              There is a reason for asking this by the way.
              Well??? No one will judge you here. It's ok, you can tell uncle pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Well??? No one will judge you here.
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  It's an "in " joke amongst us natives - & for clarity native means those who were born here rather than came on a plane/stowed away in a lorry / did a dodgy visa thing.

If you don't know -then you aint one of us

HTH
                  Yep, I get the joke, just wanted to get to the root of the name.

So, one of who, your gang of one? Pah.

Comment

See here for Showaddywaddy

Comment

Working...
                    X