• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP3 Players

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP3 Players

My ipod is playing up. I've had it a long time, it was an original ipod mini, so it's done well.

However, I think ipods are now vastly overpriced. Can anyone recommend a good alternative make? I just want to listen to music while on the move.

iPod Classic, I know you said you believe they are overpriced but where else can you get 160Gb of memory on an mp3 player for the price? also plays movies
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      iPod Classic, I know you said you believe they are overpriced but where else can you get 160Gb of memory on an mp3 player for the price? also plays movies
      Thanks birthday brother, I'll file that thought under "to be considered if can't find another reasonable option". Might go that route, just want to consider my options first. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
        Thanks birthday brother
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Anything by Creative I've always found them very reliable.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

MrsF has a Zen and I have a Sansa - both pleased with them.

I prefer the idea of a solid state rather than disk, so it I ever get the urge to do some exercise, I can take it with me and not worry about it getting trashed.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Sony mp3 players are very good.

Comment

iPod? It'll never catch on.

"No wireless. Less space than a nomad. Lame."
                http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl.../10/23/1816257

Comment

as chips...

http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...wAg#ps-sellers

Brothers got one - works well.

How sucked into itunes are you? If you're used to podcasts automatically downloading and syncing or have bought any itunes content then you might regret going anything other than ipod.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I've had a couple of Creative players and one Sony. None of them were as good as the iPod Classic I now have.

The Creatives had crap interfaces. The Sony had poor song access times (always had a spinning 'please wait' icon when navigating about) and even worse software.

So I'm not at all suprised Apple have cleaned the floor with the competition.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X