• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour's 'secret plan' to lure migrants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Government has been accused of pursuing a secret policy of encouraging mass immigration for its own political ends.

The release of a previously unseen document suggested that Labour’s migration policy over the past decade had been aimed not just at meeting the country’s economic needs, but also the Government’s “social objectives”.

.. the paper, which was written in 2000 at a time when immigration began to increase dramatically, said controls were contrary to its policy objectives and could lead to “social exclusion”.

.. It was alleged that the document showed that Labour had overseen a deliberate open-door *policy on immigration to boost multi-culturalism.

Voting trends indicate that migrants and their descendants are much more likely to vote Labour.

The existence of the draft policy paper, which was drawn up by a Cabinet Office think tank and a Home Office research unit, was disclosed last year by Andrew Neather, a former adviser to Tony Blair, Jack Straw and David Blunkett.

He alleged at the time that the sharp increase in immigration over the past 10 years was partly due to a “driving political purpose: that mass immigration was the way that the Government was going to make the UK truly multi-cultural”.

However, the full document was made public only yesterday following a Freedom of Information request by Migrationwatch, a pressure group. A version of the paper was published in 2001, but most of the references to “social objectives” had been removed. In the executive summary alone, six out of eight uses of the phrase were deleted.

That confirms what a lot people have been saying for years - Unprincipled Labour scum set out to "use" immigrants solely for their potential votes, and deceitfully disguised the true motives with a lot of hogwash about "multiculturism" and "not playing the race card" that would gain the support of useful idiots and discourage dissent.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

What gets me is that this was a 'secret'? 'Secret' like the parallel email system in #10 that was so hacked the Chinese knew government policy before the government did?

I thought everyone in IT knew this sh1t and it wasn't in the papers coz the medja were all in on it too.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I've always believed there was a social engineering aspect to this open door immigration policy but generally people I've discussed this with have always insisted that it's for the benefit of our ecenomy. Looks like the truth is out now doesn't it? Personally I think it's scandalous - far, far worse than the MPs' expenses issue.

The question is what was the purpose of it? Was it

1) Because they hate the white middle class British & want to "rub our noses in diversity"?

2) To get more votes since immigrants are allegedly more likely to vote Labour?

3) Because they genuinely thought we'd all be enriched by the policy?

Personally, I think it's a mix of all 3 but I've come across plenty of people who subscribe to no. 1. Most recently it was at a party when I was waxing lyrical about where I come from and how I like West Country villages with thatched cottages. This prompted a response from some horrible cow in which I was accused of being a crypto fascist (not likely to get many black people in a rural village, see?), And yes, she was a social worker! Perverse thing is that a lot of these people probably come from similar backgrounds to myself & just can't live with it so they go all out to be faux working class / ethnic / gay or whatever would piss their families off the most.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        Perverse thing is that a lot of these people probably come from similar backgrounds to myself & just can't live with it so they go all out to be faux working class / ethnic / gay or whatever would piss their families off the most.
        I agree, I parade round as a gay jamaican woman to spite my parents.

My father cried but my mum said it was my choice.

Comment

I have been here in the UK for 3 years from Eeastern europe.

Like everything else around here the media have you thinking what not except the truth.

Your employer does not care about you at all. He cares about paying less and as long a cheap migrant is good enough they might give them a job. And yes they need cheap migrants to undercut the market. And no government WILL EVER CHANGE THAT ! except that bmp tulip.

I spoke with an agent yesterdat for 400 / day , he called today says 300 for an interview. I took a 5 sec pause , not really thinking about it , but rather mentally calling him all words I know , and then said yes.

Comment

Originally posted by newblood View Post
            I spoke with an agent yesterdat for 400 / day , he called today says 300 for an interview. I took a 5 sec pause , not really thinking about it , but rather mentally calling him all words I know , and then said yes.
            Your negotiation skills are crap.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Your negotiation skills are crap.
              Mate the market for my skill for a UK contractor is 450 - 500 ( high level Sharepoint admin ).

For myself 425 is a score , 350 is awesome , 300 is a great job. I have been considering 250 from 3 months back , and this now keeps going down.

Comment

Mate the market for my skill for a UK contractor is 450 - 500 ( high level Sharepoint admin ).

For myself 425 is a score , 350 is awesome , 300 is a great job. I have been considering 250 from 3 months back , and this now keeps going down.
                From your (admittedly brief) explanation, it sounds like you fell at the first hurdle. Agent was trying to batter you down a bit (maybe by £25 a day?) you swallowed the lot.

If you're happy then all well and good, but I reckon you'd have got £350 out of him.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  From your (admittedly brief) explanation, it sounds like you fell at the first hurdle. Agent was trying to batter you down a bit (maybe by £25 a day?) you swallowed the lot.

If you're happy then all well and good, but I reckon you'd have got £350 out of him.
                  Agent who got me my current role tried to knock me down 10 quid a day AFTER I'd secured the role!

Comment

I have been here in the UK for 3 years from Eeastern europe.

Like everything else around here the media have you thinking what not except the truth.

Your employer does not care about you at all. He cares about paying less and as long a cheap migrant is good enough they might give them a job. And yes they need cheap migrants to undercut the market. And no government WILL EVER CHANGE THAT ! except that bmp tulip.

This just shows why we dont need immigrants. If you had been English it would have occurred to you that you could have sworn at him in Russian. So you could have acheived your TWO main objectives
                    1. securing a £100 cut for the agents pocket
                    2 whilst still managing to get a good swear in

fail

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X