• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Electoral commission 'can't count in the evening'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electoral commission 'can't count in the evening'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7021653.ece

The Electoral Commission added that the plans (to start counting the votes 4 hours after the election and not the next day) may "not be workable".

Not workable? Wot?

Is this how low Britain has sunk? They can’t even find people who can stay up and count crosses on pieces of paper?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

This is going to give the conspiracy theorists a field day...
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

It is easy to see they would need some time to improve the fairness of ballot.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        It is easy to see they would need some time to improve the fairness of ballot.
        You mean ‘redistribute votes so as to empower those who are electorially underrepresented?’

Comment

Tis true. A lot of papers will have been spoilt by people putting the x in the wrong place.

These need to be discarded to get the actual result.

Comment

...maybe they want to stay in power for an extra day

Comment

It gives Gordon Brown and Ed Balls more time to do a poo in every room of Number 10 before Brown hands it over to Cameron.

I bet they are really smelly ones as well, from those two.

Comment

I hope there will be impartial UN observers, with plenty of practice gained in Zimbabwi and Afghanistan on how to spot vote rigging.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  It gives Gordon Brown and Ed Balls more time to do a poo in every room of Number 10 before Brown hands it over to Cameron.

I bet they are really smelly ones as well, from those two.
                  Remember, these will be taxpayer funded poos, so will be bloated, heavy, wide of the mark and come out about 2 years after the intended drop date and likely to break the bowl rendering it useless.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Just look at some of the arguments;

For a delay;
                    “We are not providers of entertainment; we are servants of democracy,” said David Monks, of the Society of Local Authority Chief Executives

Against a delay;
                    Shadow justice minister Eleanor Laing said: “Postponing election counts until the next day would have sucked all the excitement and drama out of general election night.”

Do these asswipes really not understand anything about a democratic election? The whole point of minimising any delay between voting and counting is to minimise the chance of fraud while the ballot boxes are left in a room waiting for counting; it’s also to give the public confidence that no time has been given to fraudsters to carry out their dirty tricks.

Comment

Working...
                    X