• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 Years - Is it enough ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 Years - Is it enough ?

So poor people live for an average of 7 years less

more crisps for the poor
    & increasing the minimum wage will help (just watch more of those Cadbury jobs move to Poland)
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

If your life expectancy is directly proportional to how much money you have, DimPrawn and sasguru must be nearing immortality by now.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

It must be great being working class, you can just eat rolls and sausage all day.

Comment

The reason why poor people live less is the reason why they are poor. Too much drugs, booze and lard sarnies. If I spent all day down Weatherspoons, I'd be poorer and probably die earlier.

Comment

Give them more money and they'll buy more expensive unhealthy things. It doesn't cost much to lead a healthy lifestyle (if you know how to shop for food, cook and take exercise).

Comment

A breakdown of career to life expectancy would make interesting reading. Does a lifetime of manual work send you to your maker early?

As an anecdote I temporarily worked in a 'picking' job. You had to pick items from a trolley and put them in a cage, which when full would be sent to a supermarket. You had pick 1000-1500 items a day, which meant stooping and unstooping 1000 or so times a day with little let up. It did occur to me that a pension would be a unnecessary investment if you were stuck doing that all your life.

Comment

I also heard this on the radio as well.

and i though

banana's are cheaper than mars bars

apples are cheaper than crunchies

cooking meat and 2 veg is cheaper than a bargain bucket at KFC

so it is nothing to do with money

it is to do with lifestyle and work types

Comment

Working...
              X