• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK ID card.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK ID card.

Apparently, you have to live in the north west of England or, work at selected UK airports and, must hold a valid UK passport if you want to apply for a UK ID Card.

Er, what's the ******* point? If I have a UK passport, I dont need a UK ID card!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Er, what's the ******* point? If I have a UK passport, I dont need a UK ID card!
    Clues;

- Gordon
    - New Labour
    - public finance deficit
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Clues;

- Gordon
      - New Labour
      - public finance deficit
      Nah, that doesnt stack up and misses my point. You have to hold a current UK passport to apply for the card.

The UK ID card allows you to travel EEA countries. Its main objective is proof of ID for UK citizens.

If you have a passport you are IMO unlikely to apply for an ID card.

Comment

Shhhh! Accenture and other IT companies are trying to keep this a secret. Dont upset the cart.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

UK ID card is a weak reference to a UK Passport.

HTH

NickTitz.

Comment

Apparently, you have to live in the north west of England or, work at selected UK airports and, must hold a valid UK passport if you want to apply for a UK ID Card.

Passport does not prove your address.
            ID cards hold your primary address,
            any other address that your own or sleep at.
            Any address that you regularly stay at (eg girlfriend etc)

Medical information, disabilities etc

It is you responsibility to keep the information up to date, if not it’s a fine or imprisonment.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Passport does not prove your address.
              Correct but is used as proof of ID by agents and other bodies ie banks and solicitors etc.
              ID cards hold your primary address,
              Correct.
              any other address that your own or sleep at.
              Not correct. You dont have to give this info according to the application form.
              Any address that you regularly stay at (eg girlfriend etc)
              Incorrect, the application form tells you not to include this information.

Medical information, disabilities etc
              Again, incorrect. When applying for the card, you provide biometric info ie pic, fingerprints. Medical info & disabilities is not included one jot.

It is you responsibility to keep the information up to date, if not it’s a fine or imprisonment.
              Is correct, just like your driving licence.

Comment

Correct but is used as proof of ID by agents and other bodies ie banks and solicitors etc.
                Correct.
                Not correct. You dont have to give this info according to the application form.
                Incorrect, the application form tells you not to include this information.

Again, incorrect. When applying for the card, you provide biometric info ie pic, fingerprints. Medical info & disabilities is not included one jot.

Is correct, just like your driving licence.
                Thanks for that... we shall wait and see what they add then.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Nah, that doesnt stack up and misses my point. You have to hold a current UK passport to apply for the card.

The UK ID card allows you to travel EEA countries. Its main objective is proof of ID for UK citizens.

If you have a passport you are IMO unlikely to apply for an ID card.
                  You're coming at it from the wrong angle.

At the moment you need a passport to get an ID card, but very soon now if you want a passport you will have to have an ID card.

Neither of the two will stop you from being a terrorist, but they will both raise some funds to help pay to keep the banks going.

Comment

There is no point. No-one can provide a single justification for the ID card scheme.

Comment

Working...
                    X