• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't you just hate it when ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you just hate it when ....

... some thing is going wrong and a reboot of the server clears it, but there is no evidence of why there was a problem in any log files.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO up for a beer tonight.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

HAB, have you ever considered that you might not be cut out for IT?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      ... some thing is going wrong and a reboot of the server clears it, but there is no evidence of why there was a problem in any log files.

Windoze?
      Me, me, me...

Comment

I've refreshed the data. Flushed the OLE queue. And STILL I get the old data displaying...
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've not done this for a while, but if it only happens once, it's an "incident".
          It only becomes a "problem" when
          -it happens about 30 times
          -it happens 10 times and then once to IT manager's golf mate
          -it happens twice and you can't think of anything more interesting to bill for.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            HAB, have you ever considered that you might not be cut out for IT?
            A long time ago.

I moved from development to trading / analysis many years ago, but since being stuck in the UK for a bit for personal and medical reasons, I've been doing my own code rather than get a little man to do it. It's a false economy.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

A long time ago.

I moved from development to trading / analysis many years ago, but since being stuck in the UK for a bit for personal and medical reasons, I've been doing my own code rather than get a little man to do it. It's a false economy.
              Lucky you, how did you make that happen? Want to do the same and been stuck in civil service contracting - ha ha ha.Hell, I'd even go permie for the opportunity to move into that arena.

Comment

What's wrong? Screen displaying upside-down?
                Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                X